HHey there guys! If we are Facebook friends, you probably seen this coming. With the word this, I meant this blog post. I promised you that I will make a blog about this recent adventure with the same people who I went with at Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte. If you havenâ€™t read that post yet, now is the perfect time. Pronto. Haha!
MT. MAGSANGA OF LEYTE
Done? Good! Havenâ€™t read it yet? I will curse you! Hahaha! Kidding! Anyway, this trip was after the Kalanggaman Island trip. It was a spur of the moment thing. Wellâ€¦ not very spontaneous, like we planned on going an hour before but it was planned for 2 days ahead.
This time around we decided to go to the opposite of a beach or island. We went on top of a mountain, the highest peak in our area, Isabel, Leyte: Mount Magsanga. We or I had always wanted to go on top of it but we really did not have the chance before. Mount Magsanga hasnâ€™t reached the level of popularity and the hype of like, say, OsmeĂ±a Peak of here in Cebu. And to be honest, also, it isnâ€™t as breathtaking as OsmeĂ±a Peak. (Trivia: I blogged about OsmeĂ±a Peak already. It is my second post ever. Hihi) It is not as good as good as other mountain tourist destination but I have to say it is a hidden gem.
- If you are from Cebu, you can ride a fast craft to go to Ormoc, City (3 hours) and then you can now ride a van for Isabel (1 hour 30 mins). Vans are located at the terminal but you already know that.
- For you guys who are from Tacloban City, you will ride 2 vans. The first is to Ormoc City and then for Isabel.
- From the town terminal, you will now have to ride a motorcycle for Brgy. Puting Bato. Just ask where to be dropped for the starting point of the Mt. Magsanga trail.
- Ask a local to be your guide at the area where you will start the trail. We did that and we just agreed upon an â€śhonorariumâ€ť.
- Always be ready with your mountain gear whether you want to stay overnight or not. I meant to be ready with your mountain hike suitable footwear, lightweight and thin clothes, insect repellent, water (Lots if it) and a sunny disposition (Trust me you need it.).
- The entire excursion lasted for about 4 hours, to and going back included.
- Be sure to wear any long sleeves top and gloves because before you reach the peak, you guys will encounter shrubs with sharp leaves.
- Local Tour Guide Fee â€“ Php 300
- Motorcycle Fare â€“ Php 100 (Back +Â Forth)
ALL WORTH IT
I was really amazed by the view at the top of Mt. Magsanga. It is a nice feeling that you can see a birdâ€™s eye of view of the place that you grew up with. The view was really a reward because we had a hard time going up. We were not really ready as I mentioned above. Â Another reason that I was amazed was that I did not expect I could see Ormoc City from up there. I saw the neighboring towns as well.
So I hope you liked my take on making a travel blog post. I know it is not as detailed as compared to others but I take pride in it because I blogged about the place I grew up with. My hometown: Isabel, Leyte. See you on my next travel adventure!